Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The biggest ADRENALINE Rush EVER!!

So on Friday Brad and I get a call that they need us to go pick up a wayward teenager that needed to go to boarding school. Well this teenager was a girl so Brad needed a girl to go with him, so that means ME. I was freaking out to say the least, I was like "What if I have to kick her butt?" "What if she tries to run or pulls a knife on me?" These kids that Brad goes to get sometimes are NOT the best kids in the world. They are into drugs, drinking and other extra curricular activies. So I sucked it up, and we dropped our little Jackson off to Grandma and Grandpas. We left Saturday night at 11:30pm, in our rented HUMMER..I always wanted to drive one and the expenses were all paid.. why not. So we picked her up at 2:00am, I was about to wet myself when we went into her room. The minute I saw her, I was like I could take her :) She was soo tiny. She was perfect the whole time. We drove to Thomas Falls, MT, that is about 10 hours away. It was a long day, we did not get home until 12am Monday. It was the most touching experience I have had in a long time, I never thought it would have turned out that way. She was so special, she just did not have a good life. She had it really rough. When we left I cried and cried because she was so scared. I just felt so extremely grateful for the life I have and how there have been soo many people that have helped me along the way. You never know whos life you will touch. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the structure it brings. I will always remember that "wayward" teenager and what she taught me and how much she meant to me in such a short time I spent with her.

1 comment:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

What a crazy experience. Very cool! All those pics u posted are sooo cute! What a dang cute family you have!